Cirebon - Java - Indonesia
Highlights: * Accommodation
Places of Interest in Java
Other Indonesian locations
|Cirebon in West
located 211km from Jakarta on the north coast, almost half way to
Semarang. The population of Cirebon is around 250,000 people.
In 1946 the Republic of Indonesia was formerly recognised with signing of the Dutch-Indonesia pact in the village of Linggadyati, just south of Cirebon.
Cirebon was once the capital of an ancient Islamic kingdom with many Kratons (palaces). The largest of these is still standing - KratonKesepuhan which dates back to 1527.
The Mesjid Agunglocated next door to the Kraton Kesepuhan, has a tiered roof and is one of the oldest mosques in Java.
Southwest of the city of Cirebon is dominated by mountains and here lies the volcano Ciremay (3078m high).
Getting there and away
Cirebon is on the main highway between Jakarta and Semarang and Surabaya. There are regular buses and trains.
Last updated 15th June 2009
Following is a list of hotels in Cirebon with current 2009 prices and contact details:
Hotel Zamrud Hotel and Convention Centre is a modern business hotel with room rates from 285,000Rp (US$28)
Patra Hotel is a 3 star hotel located 5 minutes away from Cirebon train station. Room prices from 346500Rp per night (US$34)
Bentani Hotel is a modern hotel located in the heard of Cirebon. Offers free WiFi wireless internet access. Room rates from 500,000Rp (US$50) plus taxes, includes breakfast www.bentani-hotel.com
Hotel Prima is located right across from the city hall. Room prices from 575,000Rp (US$57) including taxes and breakfast. http://hotelprimagroup.com/cirebon
Hotel Cordova is a budget hotel located close to the city hall in the centre of Cirebon and not far from the train station.
Hotel Santika Jakarta is a 3 star hotel with published prices from 765,000Rp (US$76) plus taxes including breakfast for 2 people and transfers to airport or train station. www.santika.com
Hotels close to Cirebon
Resort Prima Sangkanhurip is located 35kms from Cirebon close to the town of Kuningan which is in the foot hills of Gunung Ciremal. Room prices start from 250,000Rp (US$25) including taxes and breakfast. http://hotelprimagroup.com/sangkanhurip
English - Indonesian translator/dictionary
© 2009 Walkabout Indonesia
Other Travel Websites by same author:
Sumatra Travel Guide * Aceh * Batam * Berastagi * Bukit Lawang * Bukittinggi * Lake Maninjau * Lake Toba
* Medan * Padang * Pekanbaru * Pulau Banyak * Pulau Nias * Pulau Weh * Tangkahan
* Malaysia Travel Guide * Kuala Lumpur * Ipoh * Penang * Melaka * Mersing * Johor Bahru * Kota Kinabalu * Langkawi Island
* Kuching * Tioman lsland * Redang Island * Perhentian Islands * Pangkor Island * Sibu Island * Sipadan Island
* Singapore Travel Guide * Chinatown Singapore * Newton Circus * Orchard Rd Singapore * Clarke Quay * Boat Quay * Little India Singapore
Australia Travel Guide * Sydney Travel Guide * Sydney Restaurant Guide * Sydney Luxury Hotels * Sydney Moderate Hotels
* Sydney Budget Hotels * Sydney Tours * Parramatta Travel Guide * Parramatta Hotel Guide * Parramatta Restaurant Guide
* Brisbane Travel Guide * Brisbane Restaurant Guide * Brisbane Budget Hotels
* Melbourne Travel Guide * Melbourne Restaurant Guide
* Adelaide Travel Guide * Adelaide Hotel Guide * Adelaide Restaurant Guide